Feel the Difference of Clear Treatment: Invisalign Clear Aligners
Many dental patients are in need of orthodontic treatment and some would rather not have to endure the possible discomfort and the obvious nature of traditional metal braces.
These patients may deny themselves necessary orthodontic treatment, putting them at increased risk of developing or worsening oral health issues. Now, advancements in dental technology have given dental patients a new option for orthodontic treatment.
If you need to correct dental misalignment, our dentists, Drs. Terence and Casey Lau offer Invisalign® Clear Aligners.
What Are Invisalign Clear Aligners?
Invisalign clear aligners are orthodontic treatment appliances. Like traditional metal braces, they correct dental misalignment and straighten your teeth by exerting constant pressure over an extended amount of time.
Invisalign is also capable of fixing many of the same orthodontic issues as braces including crossbites, crowding, rotation, post-orthodontic treatment relapse, open bites, gapped teeth, overbites, and underbites
What Makes Invisalign Clear Aligners Different?
Unlike traditional metal braces, Invisalign clear aligners are:
- Removable – Invisalign is simple to remove, requiring no professional help.
- Easy to Maintain – Your Invisalign clear aligners come off for cleaning, making it easier to maintain them.
- Comfortable – Invisalign clear aligners are made of patented SmartTrack® material, effectively straightening your teeth without metal wires and brackets.
- Clear – SmartTrack material is almost completely transparent, making your orthodontic treatment discreet.
- Quick – Orthodontic treatment with Invisalign can be completed in just twelve months, half the time of traditional metal braces.
How Does Treatment With Invisalign Clear Aligners Work?
Before starting treatment with Invisalign, you’ll have a consultation with one of our dentists. Dr. Lau will examine your mouth to diagnose any oral health issues, review your medical history and discuss your smile goals with you. This will allow him to determine your candidacy for Invisalign treatment.
Designing Your Invisalign Clear Aligners
We’ll take a detailed impression of your teeth that will allow us to design an Invisalign step-by-step guide to realignment. This guide will come in the form of a series of aligner tray sets that will be fabricated off site at a special laboratory.
Wearing Your Invisalign Clear Aligners
You’ll wear each set in the series for a minimum of 22 hours a day, for two to four weeks each. Be sure to remove them before eating, drinking fluids other than water and cleaning your teeth. After wearing each aligner set for the prescribed amount of time, you’ll receive a new set of aligners to guide your teeth into the next stage.
Continuing Your Invisalign Clear Aligner Treatment
Drs. Terence and Casey Lau will have you visit our office every four to six weeks. We’ll monitor your progress and make any necessary adjustments to your treatment timeline. Thankfully, patients generally don’t have to adjust any part of their plan once the process has begun.
Frequently Asked Questions
Drs. Terence and Casey Lau recommend Invisalign treatment for patients with mild to severe dental misalignment issues. Patients who have experienced post-orthodontic relapse, the shifting of teeth after initial treatment with braces, can often benefit from Invisalign clear aligners.
While Invisalign is an excellent treatment for adults with moderate teeth placement issues, teenagers still have growing jaws and need an adjusted treatment. Discuss Invisalign Teen if you’re looking for a subtle solution for your teenage loved ones.
It’s necessary to remove your Invisalign clear aligners before eating, drinking fluids other than water, brushing, and flossing. Failure to remove your Invisalign clear aligners in these instances can lead to the trays becoming damaged, stained, and ineffective.
This also allows bacteria to accumulate on the trays, increasing the risk of bad breath, infection, and tooth decay while you’re wearing them.
If you lose an aligner tray, call our office in Northridge, CA immediately by dialing (818) 886-3500. It’s important to consult with our dentists before making any decisions, so your treatment stays on track.
Your treatment with Invisalign depends on you taking proper care of your aligner trays. To keep your trays clean and effective, Drs. Terence and Casey Lau offer the following pieces of advice:
- Remove your aligner trays before you eat, drink fluids other than water, and clean your teeth.
- Use lukewarm water, a soft-bristled toothbrush, and a gentle antibacterial soap or toothpaste to clean your trays.
- While not in use, store your Invisalign clear aligners in their protective case in a place that’s easy to remember.
- Soak your aligner trays at least once a day in a mix of three parts lukewarm water and one part white vinegar or use Invisalign cleaning crystals.
- Rinse your aligners before putting them back in your mouth.
- Remove your aligners from back to front to avoid tearing them.
- Brush or at least rinse your teeth after eating before putting your aligners back in.
Choose Mid-Valley Dental Care & Invisalign For Healthier Smiles
At Mid-Valley Dental Care, Drs. Terence and Casey Lau do their utmost to provide you with dentistry solutions that are as safe, effective, and comfortable as possible. That’s why we’re proud to offer Invisalign clear aligners.
This advanced form of orthodontic treatment and cosmetic dentistry can straighten your teeth in half the time of traditional metal braces, without the prodding and appearance of metal braces.
Learn more about Invisalign by contacting us at our Northridge, CA office and dialing (818) 886-3500 or filling out our contact form. We’re excited to help you get the straight, healthy smile you deserve.