Missing Teeth? Make Implants Your Go-To Restorative Treatment
Many people are making implants their go-to restorative treatment when it comes to replacing lost teeth. Dental implants can restore the look, function, and feel of natural teeth to give you pearly whites you can show off proudly. If missing teeth are causing you grief, come to Mid-Valley Dental Care in Northridge, California, for implant treatment.
Reasons to Choose Implants as Replacement Teeth
Implants are, by far, the most natural-looking replacement teeth you can get, as they closely mimic the structure and function of natural teeth. The implant itself (a titanium rod) is inserted into your jaw surgically to take the place of your lost tooth root. There, it fuses with your jawbone to become the foundation of your new tooth. Once the implant has healed, your Northridge dentist will attach a metal abutment on top to support your new prosthetics.
A natural appearance is just one reason to choose implants. Additional benefits include:
- Stability and security as implants keep your prosthetics from slipping, sliding, or coming loose when you talk, laugh, or chew
- Improved oral health as implants fill the gaps left by lost teeth to keep your natural teeth in alignment. Implants also facilitate oral hygiene to avoid problems with decay or gum disease
- Jawbone support as implants stimulate bone growth to keep your jaw and face from sagging
- Longevity as implants can last a lifespan
- Versatility as implants can replace one, several, or all of your teeth. Using full-mouth dental implants, Drs. Terence, Casey, and Kayla Lau can replace all your teeth with implant-supported dentures
Bone Grafting and Sinus Lift
If you have bone loss, you may need bone grafting or a sinus lift (bone graft just for upper teeth) to fortify your gums before proceeding with implant treatment. Your Northridge dentists may also recommend mini dental implants for people with bone loss, as these implants are placed over the gum instead of beneath it, making bone grafting unnecessary.
To learn more about our implant treatments, contact Mid-Valley Dental Care, Northridge, CA, at (818) 886-3500.