Keep Smiling with Root Canal Therapy
When possible, your teeth are worth saving at all costs. Root canal therapy offers an alternative to extraction for treating severely decayed or damaged teeth. Swollen gums, tooth sensitivity, toothache, and painful chewing are signs you may need root canal therapy. At Mid-Valley Dental Care, Drs. Terence Lau, Casey Lau, and Kayla Lau offer root canal treatment to our patients in Northridge, California, and nearby communities.
Why Undergo Root Canal Therapy?
Root canals are performed to stop oral infections, repair infected or damaged teeth and save compromised teeth from extraction. In the process, endodontic therapy stops painful symptoms and restores your oral health. Left unchecked, tooth infections can enter your bloodstream, causing serious health issues. Through root canal treatment, your Northridge dentists can also protect your overall health.
The following steps are taken for root canal treatment:
- The infected pulp and the damaged blood vessels, tissues, and nerves are removed.
- The tooth chamber and canals are cleansed and disinfected to eliminate harmful bacteria and keep the infection from spreading.
- The tooth is sealed with gutta-percha material to keep future decay at bay.
- A dental crown is placed over the tooth to reinforce its compromised structure and restore its function.
Root canal therapy has a high success rate in saving severely damaged or decayed teeth. Recovery is relatively quick, with little to no downtime. By keeping natural teeth, root canals can spare you from the problems that tooth loss can cause, not to mention tooth replacement costs. You can smile confidently, knowing that your compromised teeth have been fully restored.
Benefits of Getting a Root Canal
If you’re wondering if root canals are worth the cost, consider the benefits of having this treatment done:
- Instant pain relief and an end to your oral infection
- Damaged or decayed teeth restored to keep them from extraction
- Weakened teeth reinforced with a dental crown to restore their usefulness
- Your oral health restored
- Your beautiful smile preserved
To schedule a consultation for root canal therapy, give Mid-Valley Dental Care in Northridge, CA, a call at (818) 886-3500.