Lumineers: Easier, Faster, Non-Invasive Restoration
Porcelain veneers are a quick, simple, and minimally invasive way of improving your smile. However, you may not want to undergo veneer placement for any number of reasons such as dental sensitivity and fear of dental equipment. Fortunately, patients of cosmetic dentists Kayla, Terence, and Casey Lau who want quick, effective smile enhancement can opt for Lumineers instead. Keep reading to learn more about this cosmetic dentistry service, available at Mid-Valley Dental Care.
What Are Lumineers?
Lumineers are an alternative to porcelain veneers developed by DenMat Lab in Lompoc, California. Instead of porcelain, they’re made from an ultra-thin form of Cerinate porcelain, pressed into a width no thicker than .3mm. The texture of these painless veneers is more akin to a contact lens than a rigid porcelain shell.
Just like traditional porcelain veneers, Lumineers can be used to immediately improve your smile by concealing cosmetic flaws such as:
- Stains or discoloration
- Gaps or uneven spacing
- Misshaped or too-short teeth
- Aged dental work
- Other cosmetic dental flaws
Unlike traditional porcelain veneers, which require the removal of some enamel to lay flat and look natural, these alternative veneers don’t require any enamel removal.
Benefits of Lumineers
- Totally Non-Invasive Installation – The ultra-thin nature of these pain-free veneers means that patients don’t have to have enamel removed to have them placed.
- Affordability – These painless veneers are usually more affordable than traditional porcelain veneers.
- Comfort – Our Northridge cosmetic dentists won’t need to apply anesthetic to deal with sensitivity during or after the installation process.
- Natural-Looking – Lumineers are customized to blend in seamlessly with your natural smile and lay smoothly without enamel removal.
- Easy To Remove – Your Northridge cosmetic dentist can remove these veneers as easily as they apply them, without damaging your teeth.
- Long-Lasting Results – Lumineers can last ten years or more with proper oral hygiene and regular dental exams.
The Lumineers Process
Before you’re approved for smile enhancement with Lumineers, you’ll undergo an initial consultation with one of the Lau doctors. Your Northridge cosmetic dentist will thoroughly examine your teeth to ascertain your oral health and ask you about your smile goals and what you’re hoping for from your procedure.
Designing Your Veneeers
Once Dr. Lau has approved you for smile enhancement with Lumineers, we’ll take detailed images and impressions of your teeth using advanced dental technology such as CT 3D Imaging. These images and impressions will be sent to a DenMat-owned lab and used to create your customized Lumineers dental veneers. In about two weeks, your Lumineers will be ready and we’ll have you return to our Northridge dental office to install your veneers.
Installing Your Veneers
Before installing your Lumineers dental veneers, your cosmetic dentist will show them to you to make sure they’re to your liking. If you approve of your custom-made Lumineers, your dentist will check the fit and placement, then attach the veneers to your teeth with a specially made bonding agent called Tenure®. Your dentist may help the bonding agent set with a handheld blue light. From there, you’ll be free to enjoy your new smile.
Frequently Asked Questions
The exact cost of your alternative dental veneers will depend on multiple factors, including how many you want and your insurance coverage. Drs. Lau and the rest of the staff at Mid-Valley Dental Care encourage you to contact your provider beforehand to ask them about your coverage.
If you need help affording your cosmetic treatment, Mid-Valley Dental is happy to offer flexible financing options, including third-party financing through CareCredit and LendingClub. You may also be able to save money by taking advantage of our special offers.
- Follow any aftercare instructions your cosmetic dentist provides
- Stick to a soft diet for the first 24 to 48 hours after your procedure
- Brush your teeth twice a day, floss daily, and rinse your mouth between meals
- Schedule regular dental checkups at our Northridge office every six months
Every patient is different, so the answer to which cosmetic solution is right for you can vary. You may prefer traditional porcelain veneers because they last a bit longer, or you may prefer Lumineers because they don’t require enamel removal. Your Northridge cosmetic dentist will discuss your options with you during your initial consultation.
Placing Lumineers over veneers is not an option Mid-Valley Dental Care offers. While it’s not impossible, placing Lumineers over porcelain veneers is a needless process. You can choose either Lumineers or porcelain veneers to quickly and effectively enhance your smile.
Lumineers: Fast, Effective, & Painless Smile Enhancement
Choosing Lumineers allows patients to achieve quick and effective smile enhancement while preserving their teeth. If you’re interested in learning more about the many smile benefits of these painless alternatives to porcelain veneers, then contact Mid-Valley Dental Care by dialing (818) 886-3500. You can also fill out the contact form in the upper-right corner and one of our friendly team members will get back to you shortly.
Our cosmetic dentists and staff are proud to offer this painless, totally noninvasive cosmetic dentistry procedure to patients from Northridge and surrounding areas such as Granada Hills, Winnetka, and Chatsworth, CA. We have the tools and techniques you need to enjoy the smile you’ve always wanted!