Mid-Valley Dental Care uses CAD/CAM technology to create dental restorations in just one visit, reducing the time you spend at our office and providing you with high-quality treatments to meet your needs. We invite you to call us at 818-886-3500 for more information about CAD/CAM technology in Northridge, California, and to schedule your appointment with Drs. Terence Lau and Casey Lau, our experienced dentists.
CAD/CAM (Computer-Aided Design/Computer-Aided Manufacturing) technology can be used in created many different types of restorations, including fillings, veneers, and porcelain crowns. This dental device allows us to produce any single tooth restoration in a matter of minutes, rather than requiring two separate dental appointments for our dentists to fit and place your restoration.
During your appointment, our dentists will:
- Examine your tooth to determine an appropriate treatment plan
- Remove any decayed or weakened tooth tissue
- Take a digital picture of your mouth
- Use our CAD/CAM software to convert this digital picture into a 3D model on the computer screen
- Create a restoration from the resulting image
- Immediately mill your crown or other restoration from a ceramic block that matches the color of your natural teeth
About 15 minutes later, your ceramic, tooth-colored restoration will be complete! Our dentists will check your restoration to ensure a proper fit and bite. They will then polish your restoration, and bond it in place.
If you have any questions about CAD/CAM technology, please contact our office today.