Drs. Terence Lau and Casey Lau can provide you with teeth whitening treatments to brighten your smile and restore a brilliant, white shine to your teeth. Teeth whitening is a quick and easy cosmetic treatment for teeth that are dull, stained, or yellowed. Give us a call at 818-435-6928 to learn more about teeth whitening in Northridge, California, and make your appointment with our dentists at Mid-Valley Dental Care.
We may recommend teeth whitening if you are looking to enhance the appearance of your smile in as little as one visit with our dentists. Teeth whitening is the number-one requested cosmetic service in the nation because it is simple, comfortable, affordable, and yields fast-acting and transformative results. A whitening procedure can be customized to improve a full spectrum of tooth discoloration, from mild yellowing to deep stains.
Many patients develop dull, discolored smiles as a result of one or more of the following factors:
• Poor dental hygiene: When teeth are not properly cared for, plaque and tartar build up on the teeth and gum line, creating a yellowed, waxy appearance. Bacteria also erodes the white enamel of the teeth, wearing it down to reveal the dark dentin beneath, which will make the teeth appear darker. The development of tooth decay can create dark spots on the teeth.
• Aging: As we get older, our teeth can begin to weaken. The enamel erodes to reveal the darker dentin, and teeth become more susceptible to tooth decay.
• Diet: The consumption of certain foods and beverages can stain the teeth over time. These include coffee, wine, tea, and soda.
• Smoking & tobacco use: The nicotine and tar can stain the surface of your teeth, resulting in yellow or brown discoloration.
• Illness: Certain illnesses can affect the enamel of the teeth, resulting in discoloration.
• Medication: In addition, some medications have the same effect.
• Fluorosis: While the consumption of fluoride can strengthen teeth against tooth decay, fluorosis (a condition caused by the over-consumption of fluoride) can create white spots or streaks on the surface of the teeth. Severe fluorosis can result in small pits and brown, gray, or black spots on the teeth.
To lighten the color of your smile, we offer a powerful and safe whitening gel that is applied to the surface of your teeth for a determinable amount of time. Teeth whitening is available as an in-office procedure or as take-home whitening trays and solution. Drs. Terence and Casey Lau will sit down with you to discuss your cosmetic goals and determine the custom details of your treatment, such as the style and length of treatment.
We invite you to schedule your consultation today to learn how you can achieve the smile you want with the help of our skilled dentists.